Many Christians today struggle to read Scripture. It can be a challenge to use and navigate the Bible and to know where to start in this long and ancient book. But God’s Word is living and active, and spending time in it never returns void.
The Lutheran Reader's Bible is designed to help develop a habit of devotion and meditation to slowly but intentionally grow in God's Word. Guided reading plans, prayers, and historical information accompany this English Standard Version (ESV) text to help readers feel confident in their understanding of the Bible.
- Introductions for each book of the Bible to orient readers to the historical time and context
- 9 Different reading plans based on experience, interests, lectionary, and more
- Over 40 prayers for daily life and specific circumstances, including historical prayers.
- Order for Daily Prayer and other brief liturgies
- One-column ESV Bible text for an easy-to-read experience
- 10.5-point font
- Words of Christ in red
- Luther's Small Catechism