It easy to think of Proverbs as merely a collection of aphorisms, useful for a quick quip but lacking the depth of other Old Testament books. But, as part of a larger Hebraic wisdom tradition, Proverbs offers a thoughtfully arranged collection of Godly advice on character and action. In addition to this faithful teaching, Proverbs presents a distinct perspective on God in the form of His Wisdom, which plays a prominent role throughout the book.
- A faithful exposition of the wisdom tradition in Proverbs
- A Pastoral perspective on understanding, applying, and teaching Proverbs
- An overview of types of sayings in proverbs
- Wisdom and the Adulteress in Proverbs 1-9
- Good as Applied to the Words of Wise People
- Luther on Proverbs