The new Christian Worship: Hymnal combines the best from past traditions with the best from current resources to create a hymnal that keeps the gospel at the heart of worship. Designed with a life of worship in mind, the new Christian Worship has something for everyone:
- Over 600 hymns, two-thirds of which are from Christian Worship (1993) and Christian Worship: Supplement
- Luther’s Small Catechism
- A set of rites, prayers, and canticles for daily use
- Daily devotions for personal or small group use
- Bible passage references that relate to each hymn’s core message for devotional usage.
- Hymns are formatted on the page to benefit singers. Various types of hymns will appear with melody only, especially when beneficial for the singer.
- Three setting options for the order of service
- Three-and one-year lectionaries
- Rites and devotions for congregations, schools, church meetings, and small group settings
- Alternate hymn tunes
- Psalms with four-part harmonization
- Hymn and metrical psalm tune footnotes for easy cross-referencing